Saturday 26 March 2016

Radio1000BC presents Black Boxsss #36. The Milquetoast.


BB36. The Milquetoast by Simon Saint-Simon for Radio1000bc

Designed and composed by Simon Saint-Simon

Sounds:

The honest truth this time? You want gleam in the gloam? My child I am old and no less difficult than I was as a youth. If you must know I was cleaning up the old lighthouse at Milson’s point, bequeathed to me by the Macquarie family before the second world war (if you didnt know). I found myself one evening in the bulb of said house. There is a rudimentary office in an ingress to the side of the spinning torch, which gives the helmet of the building it's peculiar shape. That night i was picking through the old letters, records and tapes i had stored up there and I was overcome (as much as an autistic little serpent may be) by a crushing sense of both nostalgia and the undone. The achingly beautiful emptiness of this malaise led me to abort the glans of the tower and pace the circular track of the room, in desperate absolution, and then, at its height, it pinned me to the leaded pericarp of the inverted globe itself. The light swung by again and again like the eye of a mentally disabled cyclops trying to peer into my heart or butthole (dependent on the gain of my weep), yet lacking the concentration to get beyond my own carapace. So stuck, surface layer to surface layer, like warm child skin on the burning hot leatherette of mother's old DAF, I stayed, staring out beyond the harbour and the headland into the bright gloom of the warm, depthless Pacific...

1 Gigi Masin - The Word Love
2 Fennesz - Glass Ceiling
3 Population One - Musical promises
4 Clark - Strength Through Fragility
5 Black Light Smoke - Firefly
6 Arca - Zen
7 Caribou - Mars (Head High’s Core Remix)
8 Paul Johnson - Give Me Ecstasy
9 Steve Poindexter - Computer Madness
10 Hieroglyphic Being - How Wet Is Yr Box
11 Vereker - Flesh and Blood
12 Aleister Crowley - The Poet
13 KMFH - Dr. Crunch
14 Tirzah - I’m Not Dancing
14 Luke Abbott - White Box
15 Lee Gamble - Jove Layup
16 Falty DL - Dos Gardenias
17 Etienne Jaunet - Metallik Cages (Acid Arab Remix)
18 Mykki Blanco - For the Homies
19 The Stooges - TV Eye
20 Ornette Coleman - Science Fiction
21 Ornette Coleman - Times Square
22 The Ecstasy Of Saint Theresa - Surfing On Steam (Band du Lunar mix by Bandulu)
23 Sanctified - Rick Ross, Kanye West and Big Sean (Brenmar remix)
24 Michel Cleis & Klement Bonelli Feat. Martin Wilson - Marvinello
25 KMFH - Crushed
26 GQ - Lies (Theo Parrish edit)
27 Call Super - Sulu Sekou
28 Waze & Odyssey - Bump ’n’ Grind (Special Request Remix)
29 The Kop Choir - Enough is Enough

No comments: